The emission of light during a chemical reaction which does not produce significant quantities of heat.
More example sentences
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence can be employed as an analytical tool.
- Natural sources of chemiluminescence include fireflies, glow-worms and a variety of bacteria and fungi.
- The amount of chemiluminescence is proportional to the quantity of the amplified product.
- More example sentences
- Because the emission of radiation involves a loss of energy, chemiluminescent reactions must be exothermic.
- The chemiluminescent reactions found in living organisms are called bioluminescence.
- Due to the chemical processes involved, the ability of species to fine-tune the spectra of the chemiluminescent reaction is itself limited.
Definition of chemiluminescence in:
- The US English dictionary