Definition of chemisorption in English:
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
Adsorption in which the adsorbed substance is held by chemical bonds.
- Chemists make a distinction between chemical adsorption, or chemisorption, characterized by the formation of chemical bonds with the substrate, and physical adsorption or physisorption, which results from the van der Waals force.
- This model is most appropriate when interactions between the MC and its environment are purely surface phenomena, as in the chemisorption of thiol molecules on the smooth surface of a gold-coated cantilever.
- These data support what has already been suggested: that the DOPA side-chain in proteins serves two important roles in adhesion-the formation of cross-links and interfacial complexes in chemisorption.
- Example sentences
- These findings indicate that in physiological conditions the divalent counterions are not chemisorbed on the surface of the DNA molecule but are confined in a narrow sheath.
- This resulted in a hydrophobic, self-assembled monolayer of octanethiol, chemisorbed to the gold-covered areas, whereas the mica regions remained uncovered.
- In both theories, the PAD is calculated for an isolated chemisorbed atom or surface molecule complex.
Definition of chemisorption in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan