- The use of drugs to prevent disease.More example sentences
- However, there is no evidence that chemoprophylaxis prevents late-onset disease.
- It reviews key risk factors for malaria acquisition, measures to prevent mosquito bites, and drugs approved for chemoprophylaxis.
- To prevent recurrence of serious bacterial respiratory infections, antibiotic chemoprophylaxis may be considered.
- More example sentences
- All antimalarial chemoprophylactic regimens are associated with mild adverse events, but serious events are rare.
- Patients developing many skin cancers will also be treated with topical and oral chemoprophylactic medicines that can reduce the number of skin cancers occurring in the future.
- Up to 12 percent of these women report allergy to the principal chemoprophylactic agent, penicillin, and are treated with erythromycin or clindamycin.
More definitions of chemoprophylaxisDefinition of chemoprophylaxis in:
- The US English dictionary