Definition of chemosensory in English:
1(Of a sense organ or receptor) responsive to chemical stimuli.
- Taste is detected by the chemosensory organs that are found in an animal's gustatory or tactile receptor systems.
- It is generally difficult to discern the complete repertoire of other chemosensory receptor genes in mammals.
- With the exception of the vaginal plate chemosensory sensilla, we have identified members of the OBP family in all chemosensory organs.
1.1Of or relating to chemosensory organs or their action: patients with chemosensory impairment
More example sentences
- Subjective complaints do not always accurately reflect the chemosensory disturbance experienced by a patient.
- He develops improved chemosensory capacities the ability to better smell the pheromones of others.
- In addition, the vomeronasal organ in the nose is a part of a chemosensory system that is independent of the olfactory system.
Definition of chemosensory in:
- US English dictionary