- A system in which the chemical composition is kept at a controlled level, especially for the culture of microorganisms.More example sentences
- However, even bacteria confined to chemostats can subvert our plans for them, inventing new niches instead of refining methods for exploiting those we had defined.
- Temperature is controlled by immersing the chemostat growth chamber in a 37° water bath.
- Imagine a chemostat inoculated with a single clone.
More definitions of chemostatDefinition of chemostat in:
- The US English dictionary