Definition of chemotherapy in English:
The treatment of disease by the use of chemical substances, especially the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs.
- Cancer treatment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also make men infertile.
- The main treatments for bone cancer are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.
- This is used less often than surgery and chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.
- Example sentences
- People using these drugs were called chemotherapists and are now called medical oncologists or cancer specialists.
- When celebrated chemotherapist Dr Kettering found out he had advanced cancer, he told his colleagues, ‘Do anything you want - but no chemotherapy!’
- I asked my first question of my doctor and chemotherapist: ‘What is the best technical literature about mesothelioma?’
Pronunciation: /ˌkiːməʊˈθɛrəpɪst/ /ˌkɛməʊˈθɛrəpɪst/noun
Words that rhyme with chemotherapyaromatherapy, hypnotherapy, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, radiotherapy, therapy
Definition of chemotherapy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.