Definition of chequer in English:
2 (checkers) [treated as singular] North American The game of draughts.
- The place was full of stuff, mainly books, puzzles, and hundreds of different boxed games; chess, backgammon, checkers, and ones I'd never seen before.
- Play a game together, like checkers or backgammon
- For hours they have been playing all sorts of odd and interesting games, but for now it was Bougsbie, which is a similar board game to checkers.
verb[with object] Back to top
Divide into or mark with an arrangement of squares of different colour or character: a great plain chequered with corn and green mosses
More example sentences
- After checkering the main spring housing at 25 lpi, it was fit and blended into the frame with the bottom corner radiused.
- Fresh and fizzing with a dehumanised, holographic energy, eclectic collaborations chequer the album.
- The squares of sunlight that checkered our path were coldly white.
Definition of chequer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan