- 1A kind of custard apple with scaly green skin and a flavour resembling that of pineapple.More example sentences
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade attachment, combine the cherimoya, lime juice, and panela and purée until smooth and the sugar is dissolved, about 45 seconds.
- Both atemoya, grown in Florida, and cherimoya, grown in California, have green, leathery skins with either scales or a notched, medallion-like design.
- Initially, they were investigating fruits that appear frequently in the flavours of wines grown in warmer climates, but cherimoya, melon, papaya, passionfruit and banana all proved incompatible with Vitis vinifera.
mid 18th century: from Spanish, from Quechua, from chiri 'cold or refreshing' + muya 'circle'.
More definitions of cherimoyaDefinition of cherimoya in:
- The US English dictionary