- A North American oak which has leaves resembling those of the chestnut.
More example sentences
- Genus Quercus, family Fagaceae: several species
- Data were collected from red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak seedlings on the burned site and an unburned reference site.
- Red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak are all abundant in the seedling layer.
- In fact, after a chestnut oak in Connecticut, it was the second tree ever to be officially nominated for national champion status.
More definitions of chestnut oakDefinition of chestnut oak in:
- The US English dictionary