(also cheval mirror)
- A tall mirror fitted at its middle to an upright frame so that it can be tilted.More example sentences
- She found herself staring motionless at her reflection in the tall cheval glass, and quickly finished unbraiding her hair, thinking fixedly of things other than that sorrow.
- The oblique back view of the cheval mirror in Boucher's picture evokes a convention with a long and venerable history in painter's self-portraits.
- To the right of the composition is the back edge of a small cheval glass.
mid 19th century: cheval from French, in the sense 'frame'.
More definitions of cheval glassDefinition of cheval glass in:
- The US English dictionary