adjective (chewier, chewiest)
(Of food) needing to be chewed hard or for some time before being swallowed: the rye bread has a nice, chewy texture derogatory the pigeon breast starter was chewy and overcooked
More example sentences
- Heavy, chewy food such as red meat can soften that sensation.
- It was the kind with the hard outside and then a thick but slightly chewy fruit flavored middle.
- This slice is chewy and irresistible: you just have to have another piece!
- More example sentences
- ‘You have to taste the sweetness and salt at the same time, and a little bit of chewiness,’ Sena says.
- I meekly told her about the chewiness of the meat.
- All these processes together give the noodles just the right degree of chewiness.
Definition of chewy in:
- The US English dictionary