Definition of chewy in English:
adjective (chewier, chewiest)
(Of food) needing to be chewed hard or for some time before being swallowed: the rye bread has a nice, chewy texture derogatory the pigeon breast starter was chewy and overcooked
More example sentences
- Heavy, chewy food such as red meat can soften that sensation.
- It was the kind with the hard outside and then a thick but slightly chewy fruit flavored middle.
- This slice is chewy and irresistible: you just have to have another piece!
- Example sentences
- ‘You have to taste the sweetness and salt at the same time, and a little bit of chewiness,’ Sena says.
- I meekly told her about the chewiness of the meat.
- All these processes together give the noodles just the right degree of chewiness.
Definition of chewy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia