1A round yellowish edible seed, widely used as a pulse. Also called garbanzo.
- Cut back and focus on getting more of your protein from vegetables like chickpeas and lima beans.
- The soup is packed with healthy ingredients like garlic, carrots, chickpeas, and corn.
- Almonds, walnuts, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas and sunflower seeds are healthy options.
2The Old World plant of the pea family which bears chickpeas.
- Cicer arietinum, family Leguminosae
- The pods in the spaced chickpea plants were fully exposed to light for most of the day.
- A different mineral nutrient solution was applied to each of four groups of chickpea plants from the time of transplanting to the sand mixture (7 d after imbibition).
- The chickpea is a delicate, graceful plant that branches near the ground and is usually about 2 feet high.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: chick|pea
Definition of chickpea in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.