- A small, widespread, white-flowered plant of the pink family, often growing as a garden weed, and sometimes eaten by poultry.
More example sentences
- Stellaria and other genera, family Caryophyllaceae: several species
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- On the opposite extreme, shallow-rooted ground cover weeds such as ground ivy and chickweed help prevent erosion and prevent soil crusting when dry.
- Again, this is a place to include uncultivated herbs such as dandelion, chicory, chickweed, malva, watercress, nettles and mustard greens.
More definitions of chickweedDefinition of chickweed in:
- The US English dictionary