Definition of chiller in English:
1A machine for cooling something, especially a cold cabinet or refrigerator for keeping stored food a few degrees above freezing point.
- The generator is needed to keep the store's freezers, chiller cabinets and tills going in the event of a grid failure.
- Steve is raiding the Jack Daniels and Mike is in the chiller cabinet getting the mixers for the Brandy.
- The chillers cool water to 39 degrees and then the water is piped to customers' buildings for use in their air-conditioning systems.
2 short for spine-chiller. a characteristically disturbing psychological chiller
More example sentences
- Like the age-old concept of customer service, it seems that the thriller element in many modern psychological or sociological chillers is all but missing.
- Runaway Jury is a good Grisham movie, Mystic River is a very good drama, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre is an excellent chiller thriller.
- One of the classics of this era is the Howard Hawks chiller (cue ominous, brassy music score)
Words that rhyme with chillerAnguilla, Aquila, Attila, Camilla, cedilla, chinchilla, driller, Drusilla, fibrillar, filler, flotilla, fulfiller, Godzilla, gorilla, griller, guerrilla, killer, Manila, manilla, mantilla, miller, pillar, Priscilla, sapodilla, sarsaparilla, Schiller, scilla, scintilla, spiller, swiller, thriller, tiller, vanilla, vexilla, villa, Willa, willer, zorilla
Definition of chiller in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan