- An earthenware or metal pipe at the top of a chimney, narrowing the aperture and increasing the updraught.More example sentences
- Christmas may be the season of good cheer but goodwill to all men doesn't extend to the criminal fraternity, for whom opportunities for rich pickings increase faster than Santa can get down a chimney pot.
- After a morning trawling reclamation yards, he has returned with a chimney pot, paving stones and welding rods for gutter brackets.
- They content themselves with resurfacing pensioners' driveways at £1, 000 a throw while Cousin Joey slaps a bit of mortar on the chimney pot for another five hundred notes, cash in hand.
More definitions of chimney potDefinition of chimney pot in:
- The US English dictionary