nounchiefly North American
- another term for pull-up ( sense 1).More example sentences
- ‘You have to do a minimum of 12 chin-ups, at least 34 push-ups, and run a mile in less than 6: 48,’ Cummings explains.
- Step both feet forward, and then pull yourself completely off the ground with your feet in front of you; or do conventional chin-ups with your palms toward you, working shoulders and lats.
- The last conversation I had with alpinist Alex Lowe, in August 1999 in Salt Lake City over a tumbler of single-malt, was about how many chin-ups a climber needed to do to stay fit for the mountains.
More definitions of chin-upDefinition of chin-up in:
- The US English dictionary