(also chinaberry tree)
noun (plural chinaberries)
- 1A tall tree which bears fragrant lilac flowers and yellow berries, native to Asia and Australasia.
More example sentences
- Melia azedarach, family Meliaceae
- On one side it was anchored by a huge chinaberry tree, on the other by a towering mimosa.
- Our neighbor has one chinaberry tree in the front, but all we have is grey dirt.
- Comanche Lookout Park hosts combinations of ashe juniper, Texas and Mexican buckeye, as well as chinaberry, graneno, Lindheimer hackberry, honey mesquite, huisache, and more.
- 1.1The fruit of the chinaberry, used to make insecticides and also rosary beads.More example sentences
- Among his choices were olive, lemon, lime, apricot, peach, and chinaberry.
- In the vicinity of Dothan, Alabama, bluejays are often called "roller birds," because when chinaberries are ripe, they sit in the trees and gorge themselves on chinaberries until they grow drunk.
- In the Southeast, chinaberries and blackberries are most popular.
More definitions of chinaberryDefinition of chinaberry in:
- The US English dictionary