- Investing a sizeable $10 bn, the government is also sponsoring a worldwide network of schools to promote Chinese culture and language.
- The network will spearhead the teaching of Chinese language and culture worldwide while strengthening economic and business ties.
- The Chinese culture and language are very complex in the eyes of most Westerners.
- The PFP and KMT won most of their seats in these areas, as well as among the Hakka Chinese ethnic group or Taiwan's aboriginal communities.
- Song has solicited support from ethnic Chinese scholars for the open letter to China's president.
- In urban centres, there are small Indian, Arab, and ethnic Chinese communities.
noun (plural same)
- These languages include Chinese, Hindi / Urdu, Japanese, Juang, Korean, Icelandic, Lithuanian, and Russian.
- This was offered in broadband by BBC News interactive in six languages including Urdu, Chinese and Arabic.
- His poems have been translated into all Indian languages and foreign languages, including Chinese, French and German.
- It was retold by the Chinese and by the national minorities of southern and southwest China.
- The purpose of the airlift was to carry enough supplies into Western China to keep the Chinese in the war.
- Hartley easily beat Wu Minxia of China, preventing the Chinese from a possible sweep of diving gold medals.
- Forget Chinese, Indian or pizza - a York chip shop is to deliver traditional fish and chips door-to-door.
- Getting pizza, Chinese or curry delivered twice a week at £20 a time adds up to an impressive £173 a month.
- As we are not in training we aren't able to burn off the Chinese or the Kebab you ate the night before.
- More fabulous is Gars - which various Brighton friends had assured me was the best Chinese in town, and having tried it I have to agree.
- I love Japanese food and, when I get time, I try to go out to a West End restaurant but it's nice and easy to be able to go to your local Chinese.
- Now to head to the Chinese for a takeaway, then freshen up and head down to Brookes for some light refreshment.
Chinese, a member of the Sino-Tibetan language family, is the world’s most commonly spoken first language, with an estimated 1.2 billion native speakers worldwide. The script is logographic, using characters which originated as stylized pictographs but now also represent abstract concepts and the sounds of syllables. Though complex, it permits written communication between speakers of the many dialects, most of which are mutually incomprehensible in speech. For transliteration into the Roman alphabet, the Pinyin system is now usually used.
Words that rhyme with ChineseAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Chin|ese
Definition of Chinese in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.