noun (plural same)
(In South Asia) the Indian gazelle, which occurs from Iran to central India.
- Gazella bennettii, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- The grasslands in the park consist of chinkara (the Indian gazelle), nilgai (the blue bull), chausingha (the four-horned antelope) and wild boar.
- The chinkara scattered into the scrub as we approached but the blackbuck kept appearing and reappearing, leaping across our path as we drove through the desert.
- A Jodhpur Sessions Court has stayed the one-year jail sentence against the Bollywood actor in the chinkara hunting case.
Definition of chinkara in:
- The US English dictionary