- A bulbous Eurasian plant of the lily family, with early blooming blue flowers. Also called glory-of-the-snow.
More example sentences
- Genus Chionodoxa, family Liliaceae
- Nigel also asks if these pests attack the roots of bulbs such as chionodoxa, muscari and fritillaria.
- We have many thousands of chionodoxas naturalized in our garden.
- It's worth mentioning that chionodoxa names are fairly hit and miss, because almost all the original names have been changed, and some bulb-sellers use the new names while others still use the old.
modern Latin, from Greek khiōn 'snow' + doxa 'glory'.