- Gradually and relentlessly make something smaller or weaker: rivals may chip away at one’s profits by undercutting pricesMore example sentences
- Raquel still stood stiffly, but the passion in his voice was gradually chipping away at her suspicions.
- But over the match, Tranfield gradually chipped away at Nimmo's confidence and forced her to play long rallies.
- Those are the people they're chipping away at now.
More definitions of chip away atDefinition of chip away at in:
- The US English dictionary