- A smoked hot chilli pepper used in Mexican cooking.More example sentences
- Large dried and smoked Jalapeños, called chipotles, are wrinkled and warm brown in colour.
- The flavors are the same, though: chipotles, orange, lime, cumin and cilantro.
- Purée anchos in a blender along with tomatoes (including juice), chipotles in adobo, cilantro, remaining 2 whole garlic cloves, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon salt until smooth.
Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl.
More definitions of chipotleDefinition of chipotle in:
- The US English dictionary