- Cheerful and lively: Eugene was feeling chipperMore example sentences
- It's a shame that the lively antics and chipper music of the Max & Ruby series, combined with a minimum level of interactivity, weren't applied to this extra.
- Normally, he was chipper and happy all the time.
- And that means you're not going to find that happy, chipper person you might have found in the '80s.
mid 19th century: perhaps from northern English dialect kipper 'lively'.
- 1A person or thing that turns something into chips.More example sentences
- The easiest way to get rid of them is to chip them out with a weed chipper.
- The rest of Jack's varied gear, from skidders and haul trucks to a fully stocked service truck, serves to keep logs going into the chipper at one end and chips coming out the other.
- The other challenge is making sure the chipper has a constant flow of chip vans to fill.
- 1.1A machine for chipping timber.More example sentences
- The company's internal combustion engines can be found powering lift trucks, industrial wood chippers and stationary irrigation pumps among other things.
- ‘It's much faster and easier than using chain saws and chippers or large horizontal or tub grinders,’ he says.
- Similarly, their use of balers, magnets, wood chippers, and other equipment typically used in the recycling industry makes perfect sense too.
- 2Irish • informal A fish-and-chip shop.More example sentences
- ‘It isn't as if I am suddenly opening the floodgates and letting the country be saturated in café bars,’ he said, adding that the new licences would not be given to takeaway restaurants and chippers.
- He can't drink and he can't eat anything containing calcium, salt, potassium or phosphate, which rules out living in the chippers.
- It was a clean-up for bars, especially, and also for hotels, guesthouses, restaurants and chippers.