- A small fragment of stone, wood, or similar material: it’s not too late to give plants a mulch with bark chippings crushed-stone aggregate gives pebble dash its colour, and an even distribution of the chippings is necessaryMore example sentences
- Trees collected will be turned into wood chippings for use as mulch in the borough's parks and gardens.
- Cover the base of the pot with a layer of coarse grit, stone chippings or the expanded clay granules often sold for houseplants.
- The Rema was built in 1976 and the 1,000-tonne freighter was heading to Holland with a cargo of stone chippings when she sank suddenly in good weather.
More definitions of chippingDefinition of chipping in:
- The US English dictionary