- Informal and inconsequential conversation: there was chitter-chatter in the lobby as Mabel entered the movie theatreMore example sentences
- The roar of increasingly incomprehensible chitter chatter from an unsettled sea of faces suddenly clobbers you with a forgotten sense of reality.
- We had a couple of smokes and by 4am we had solved all the worlds problems with our stoned chitter chatter.
- I was amused enough by this chitter chatter.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Talk about trivial matters: people are chitter-chattering and laughter flows freelyMore example sentences
- The atmosphere was great, with 70's music being played on the big screens and everyone chitter chattering away.
- I also had a chance to chitter chatter with Miss Nicky during dinner.
- We chitter-chattered for ten minutes or so, until his delayed flight was ready.
More definitions of chitter-chatterDefinition of chitter-chatter in:
- The US English dictionary