noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A cytotoxic drug used in the treatment of cancer.More example sentences
- Prednisone, methotrexate, and cyclophosphamide or chlorambucil are drugs which can be used to help stop the scar formation in the lungs.
- This review focuses on the most commonly used and accepted chemotherapy agents in the treatment of these diseases: cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, and methotrexate.
- Combinations of chlorambucil, Prednisone or cyclophosphamide and a new drug Fludarabine are used in treatment.
1950s: from chlor(oethyl)am(inophenyl)bu(tyric acid), the systematic name, + -cil.
More definitions of chlorambucilDefinition of chlorambucil in:
- The US English dictionary