- Any of a group of antiseptics and disinfectants which are sulphonamide derivatives containing chlorine bonded to nitrogen: compounds such as chloramines [mass noun]: chloramine is sometimes found in tap waterMore example sentences
- Find out from your water supply co if both chlorine and chloramines are added.
- In Washington, the chloramines also caused lead to leach out of service lines, water meters, plumbing with lead solder and brass faucets that contain lead.
- This nascent bleach can also react with primary or secondary amines to form longer lasting, antimicrobial chloramines.
More definitions of chloramineDefinition of chloramine in:
- The US English dictionary