- A synthetic compound used as a mild antiseptic.
More example sentences
- A biguanide derivative; chemical formula: C22H30Cl2N10
- Antiseptics, including chlorhexidine, triclosan, and povidone-iodine, can be used as creams or lotions, soap substitutes, and bath additives.
- Antiseptic mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine may be used as a short term measure to chemically control plaque but they are not suitable to use for longer than one month.
- He or she may also recommend an antiseptic mouthwash such as chlorhexidine (eg Corsodyl) that helps prevent plaque forming.