noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic drug used to treat fluid retention and high blood pressure.More example sentences
- Drugs such as alkylating agents, antimetabolites, anticonvulsants, chlorothiazide diuretics and estrogens can inhibit platelet production by suppressing megakaryocyte production. (2,3)
- Thiazide diuretics, such as chlorothiazide and hydrochlorothiazide, may be excreted unchanged in the urine.
- Adding metolazone or chlorothiazide 500 mg IV to furosemide may generate additional diuresis.
More definitions of chlorothiazideDefinition of chlorothiazide in:
- The US English dictionary