A fungal disease affecting field and broad beans, characterized by dark brown spots on all parts of the plant.
- This is caused by the fungus Botrytis fabae, subdivision Deuteromycotina (or Ascomycotina)
More example sentences
- Folicur is recommended for chocolate spot and rust.
- The focus here is on chocolate spot of Vicia beans caused by both B. fabae and B. cinerea.
- The chocolate spot pathogen causes small, circular brown spots of dead tissue on the leaves.
Definition of chocolate spot in:
- The US English dictionary