noun (plural cholecystectomies)[mass noun] Medicine
- Surgical removal of the gall bladder.More example sentences
- Surgeons in France reported performing the first surgical laparoscopic cholecystectomy in 1987.
- People can live without a gallbladder, and the most common treatment for gallstone problems is surgical removal of the gallbladder, known as cholecystectomy (pronounced co-lee-sist-ect-omy).
- At the beginning of this keyhole surgery, this laparoscopic cholecystectomy, there were injuries noted to the bile duct; was the injury simply tying it off by mistake, or what?
More definitions of cholecystectomyDefinition of cholecystectomy in:
- The US English dictionary