noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A mucopolysaccharide compound which is a major constituent of cartilage and other connective tissue.More example sentences
- Sufferers often take a combined tablet with glucosamine and chondroitin and cod-liver oil to help protect the joint lining from further wear.
- Both glucosamine and chondroitin occur naturally in cartilage.
- Some people report that glucosamine and chondroitin raise cholesterol.
More definitions of chondroitinDefinition of chondroitin in:
- The US English dictionary