- A spheroidal mineral grain present in large numbers in some stony meteorites.More example sentences
- From the many color illustrations of meteorites in thin section, the author draws a number of personal conclusions about the origin of chondrules, citing their mineralogy and morphology.
- Most are stony, and of these the majority consist of chondrules, which are globules of silicate minerals, embedded in a finer-grained matrix.
- Henry Clifton Sorby, a nineteenth-century meteorite enthusiast, described chondrules as ‘droplets of fiery rain.’
More definitions of chondruleDefinition of chondrule in:
- The US English dictionary