- A Chinese-style dish of meat stewed and fried with bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and onions, and served with rice.More example sentences
- Although these do represent some of the basic foods of Mexico - in name only - they have been brought down to their lowest common denominator north of the border, on a par with the chop suey and chow mein of Chinese restaurants 20 years ago.
- No, we do not eat chop suey and spring rolls all the time.
- Ah well, bring on the chop suey and fortune cookies.
late 19th century: from Chinese (Cantonese dialect) tsaâp suì 'mixed bits'.
More definitions of chop sueyDefinition of chop suey in:
- The US English dictionary