noun[mass noun, usually as modifier] North American • informal
- Kung fu or a similar martial art, especially as depicted in violent action films: chopsocky epics from Hong KongMore example sentences
- But instead of hanging himself with his white belt, he signed up for acting lessons, where he honed a special brand of chopsocky comedy and deadpan delivery that has proven to be a deadly combination at the Asian box office.
- The murderous ballet of the fight scenes, the blistering beauty of the cast, the optic nerve-sizzling colors - Zhang's art-house chopsocky flick verged on visual rapture.
- A culmination of Stephen Chow's previous movies, Kung Fu Hustle raises the chopsocky comedy bar to another level.
1970s: perhaps humorously suggested by chop suey.
More definitions of chopsockyDefinition of chopsocky in:
- The US English dictionary