- Denoting granules or vesicles containing adrenaline and noradrenaline, and the secretory cells of the adrenal medulla in which they are found.More example sentences
- For example, our results may help explain the motions of secretory granules in chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla.
- The chromaffin cells and mast cells may serve some modulatory function in the neurohumoral transmission that occurs at the principal ganglionic neurons through the release of the bioactive substances they contain.
- This would be an appropriate signal to stimulate fusion of docked fusion-ready chromaffin granules.
early 20th century: from chromo-1 'chromium' + Latin affinis 'akin' (because readily stained brown by chromates).
More definitions of chromaffinDefinition of chromaffin in:
- The US English dictionary