noun[mass noun] Optics
- The effect produced by the refraction of different wavelengths of light through slightly different angles, resulting in a failure to focus.More example sentences
- Typical aberrations that can impact imaging performance include astigmatism, chromatic aberration, and spherical aberration.
- For instance, a white-light profilometer system uses chromatic aberration or an interferometry and phase shift technique to measure surface roughness to 1 nm.
- The effects of spherical and chromatic aberration increase as the pupil expands.
More definitions of chromatic aberrationDefinition of chromatic aberration in:
- The US English dictionary