noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A corrosive and strongly oxidizing acid existing only in solutions of chromium trioxide.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: H2CrO4
- A wide variety of electrolytes are used to produce the desired surface properties: chromic acid, sulfuric acid, and oxalic acid are the most common but borates, citrates and oxoacids are also sometimes used.
- The paint spray workshop also contained two acetylene cylinders, two oxygen cylinders and two propane bottles as well as chromic acid and acetone.
- Environments to be avoided include nitric acid; some metallic salts, such as ferric chloride and chromic acid; moist chlorinated hydrocarbons; and moist HN 3.
More definitions of chromic acidDefinition of chromic acid in:
- The US English dictionary