Definition of chromogenic in English:
1Involving the production of colour or pigments.
- Clot-based methods recover up to 50% lower activity for these products than the chromogenic assays which can have significant clinical implications for the management of patients with hemophilia A.
- The salvinorins react with this chromogenic reagent to produce pinkish-purple spots on the plates.
- Determination of the endotoxin activity by the chromogenic Limulus test.
1.1 Microbiology (Of a bacterium) producing a pigment.
- In 1902, Beijerinck reported that chromogenic bacteria are attracted to light.
- Teeth discoloration in children could be due to plaque, chromogenic bacteria producing pigments, which impart different colours to the plaque attached to the teeth, and localised enamel hypoplasia.
2 Photography Denoting a process of developing film which uses couplers to produce images of very high definition.
- Though the technology is now a couple of decades old, according to dealers chromogenic films are enjoying a resurgence among photographers.
- That gallery also includes a large chromogenic colour print by photographer Andreas Gursky, famous for his deadpan images.
- It is hard to imagine a more perfect illustration than Thomas Demand's large-scale chromogenic prints from 1997-98 of meticulously constructed modern scenarios.
Definition of chromogenic in:
- US English dictionary