Definition of chronobiology in English:
The branch of biology concerned with cyclical physiological phenomena.
- Night fears are justified: chronobiology, the study of how the time of day affects the body's functions, is beginning to show that many diseases become worse at night.
- Some education in sleep medicine and chronobiology occurs in undergraduate medical education, and additional curricular efforts to expand this exposure are underway at these levels of training.
- In the lexicon of chronobiology, the science of body time, Dave is an owl and I'm a lark, and learning how to deal with the difference can turn you into a top performer.
- Example sentences
- Our study supports the beliefs of many chronobiologists or body clock scientists, who have suggested that if we don't listen to our body clock we won't perform as effectively.
- ‘Everyone knows how to tell time, but few people know how to tell body time,’ says Michael Smolensky, Ph.D., a chronobiologist, University of Texas-Houston professor and co-author of The Body Clock Guide to Better Health.
- For the first five weeks MacArthur averaged 5.54 hours sleep a day; for the past 10 days she's been down to less than four, though she has been taught techniques to help her catnap by Claudio Stampi, a ‘chronobiologist’.
Definition of chronobiology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan