- A greenish or yellowish-green oxide of beryllium and aluminium which occurs as tabular crystals, sometimes of gem quality.More example sentences
- Beryllium, another valuable metal associated with the deposits, occurs in a wide variety of minerals, including beryl, chrysoberyl, helvite, phenakite, bavenite, and others.
- A fine greenish-yellow chrysoberyl is currently being found in the gem gravels of the Songea / Tunduru region.
- Alexandrite, an amazing variety of chrysoberyl, changes color in different types of light.
mid 17th century: from Latin chrysoberyllus, from Greek khrusos 'gold' + bērullos 'beryl'.
More definitions of chrysoberylDefinition of chrysoberyl in:
- The US English dictionary