- A greenish-blue mineral consisting of hydrated copper silicate, occurring as opaline crusts and masses.More example sentences
- It is found in association with cerussite, calcite, hemimorphite, aurichalcite, malachite, willemite, and chrysocolla.
- For instance, azurite, chrysocolla, and turquoise bring to mind vivid images of various shades of blue.
- Typically, the gold was associated only with secondary iron oxides, although several locations produced attractive specimens with malachite and chrysocolla and, in one location, minor galena and cerussite.
late 16th century (in the Greek sense): from Latin, from Greek khrusokolla, denoting a mineral used in ancient times for soldering gold.
More definitions of chrysocollaDefinition of chrysocolla in:
- The US English dictionary