- A fibrous form of the mineral serpentine. Also called white asbestos.More example sentences
- A more insidious and difficult problem presented by asbestos dust is the link with cancer, and here again asbestiform amphibole has proved a more toxic mineral pathogen than chrysotile.
- Asbestos, a fibrous hydrous silicate mineral, exists in 6 forms for industrial use: actinolite, amosite, anthophyllite, chrysotile, crocidolite, and tremolite.
- Gibbs concluded that the different prevalences of pleural calcification in some mining areas might be related to a mineral closely associated with chrysotile, such as mica or talc.
mid 19th century: from Greek khrusos 'gold' + tilos 'fibre'.
More definitions of chrysotileDefinition of chrysotile in:
- The US English dictionary