Definition of chucklehead in English:
A stupid person.
- That most people in pop music are complete chuckleheads is beyond doubt; but having a bald head and an interest in physics does not make him an intellectual.
- All it takes is a couple of chuckleheads to close a trail.
- ‘I remember one of these chuckleheads more clearly than the others.’
mid 18th century: from early 18th-century chuckle 'big and clumsy', probably related to chuck3 (sense 2).
- Example sentences
- Plain-speaking and tongue-tied sincerity was a rhetorical convention like any other, but Shakespeare clung to it, embodied in fool-poets, in chuckleheaded peasants and witty children.
- The hysteria can best be summed up in one funny sounding word: chuckleheaded.
Definition of chucklehead in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan