A stupid person.
- That most people in pop music are complete chuckleheads is beyond doubt; but having a bald head and an interest in physics does not make him an intellectual.
- All it takes is a couple of chuckleheads to close a trail.
- ‘I remember one of these chuckleheads more clearly than the others.’
- Example sentences
- Plain-speaking and tongue-tied sincerity was a rhetorical convention like any other, but Shakespeare clung to it, embodied in fool-poets, in chuckleheaded peasants and witty children.
- The hysteria can best be summed up in one funny sounding word: chuckleheaded.
Mid 18th century: from early 18th-century chuckle 'big and clumsy', probably related to chuck3 (sense 2).
Words that rhyme with chuckleheadknucklehead
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: chuckle|head
Definition of chucklehead in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.