adjective[predic.] British • informal
- Very pleased: I’m dead chuffed to have wonMore example sentences
- There will be a lot of chuffed people today, including everyone who cares about Britain's heritage, all at the National Railway Museum and York tourist bosses.
- ‘I'm chuffed that so many came from York,’ Warters told the Evening Press after his victory over Ashton.
- The young art lot are always chuffed when Ferry turns up.
1950s: from dialect chuff 'plump or pleased'.
More definitions of chuffedDefinition of chuffed in:
- The US English dictionary