noun (plural chuppot /ˈxʊpəʊt/)
- A canopy beneath which Jewish marriage ceremonies are performed.More example sentences
- Standing under the marriage canopy, the chuppah, surrounded by the faces of my family and the community, I felt the strength of their prayers and blessings.
- Leah is publicly humiliated and runs away from the chuppah in tears.
- Our wonderful community made a beautiful chuppah for us that day in our shul.
late 19th century: from Hebrew ḥuppāh 'cover, canopy'.
More definitions of chuppahDefinition of chuppah in:
- The US English dictionary