Definition of church school in English:
1(In the UK) a school founded by or associated with the Church of England.
- There was a lot of religious convention: going to church and church school and Sunday school.
- To these can be added many who have no church affiliation other than being baptised as babies, attending a church school, or seeing themselves as citizens of a ‘Christian’ country.
- Merton Council is offering two different housing developments as options for the Merton College sixth form site despite impassioned pleas by residents for a church school.
1.1(In the US) a private school supported by a Church or parish.
- Many churches now supplement their church school curriculum with Christian software.
- Theological conversation about these issues ought to be part of a church school curriculum.
- While the book is geared for families, it perhaps also has the potential for group use in a church school setting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan