1(In the UK) a school founded by or associated with the Church of England.
- There was a lot of religious convention: going to church and church school and Sunday school.
- To these can be added many who have no church affiliation other than being baptised as babies, attending a church school, or seeing themselves as citizens of a ‘Christian’ country.
- Merton Council is offering two different housing developments as options for the Merton College sixth form site despite impassioned pleas by residents for a church school.
1.1(In the US) a private school supported by a Church or parish.
- Many churches now supplement their church school curriculum with Christian software.
- Theological conversation about these issues ought to be part of a church school curriculum.
- While the book is geared for families, it perhaps also has the potential for group use in a church school setting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.