nounUS • trademark
- An electronically generated caption superimposed on a television or cinema screen.More example sentences
- One of the other notable things they do is that they flash a chyron on the bottom that reads ‘Source: Social Security Administration’.
- Fox then displayed a chyron of the last few winners of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- At the end, a chyron appears reading: "HBO Sunday....American Life."
1970s: from Chyron Corporation, its manufacturer.
More definitions of chyronDefinition of chyron in:
- The US English dictionary