- From or in an earlier time; former: her ci-devant pupil, now her loverMore example sentences
- The sweat-soaked, frightened, and bedraggled ci-devant dandy hammered at the door of his last-hope refuge.
- I cannot say I think his manners have much of that elegance which might have been expected from a person of his ci-devant rank.
- The ci-devant banker, then a widower with an only daughter, Esther, had journeyed to England.
More definitions of ci-devantDefinition of ci-devant in:
- The US English dictionary