A cylinder of tobacco rolled in tobacco leaves for smoking.
More example sentences
- They smoke pipes, whereas Bertie Wooster and his friends smoke cigars or cigarettes.
- The smoke from their cigars burned the inside of her nose as she quickly walked past them.
- Some cigarette smokers, particularly men, switch to smoking cigars or pipes as a means of giving up cigarettes.
close but no cigar
- North American informal (Of an attempt) almost but not quite successful: they didn’t catch him in the car—close but no cigar[referring to a cigar received in congratulation]More example sentences
- Despite demographic changes, all signs are that it will be another case of close but no cigar.
- These fall into the ‘close but no cigar’ category.
- It's a worthy effort: close but no cigar.
Definition of cigar in:
- The US English dictionary